Thursday, September 17, 2009

Slum Village


Fantastic, Vol. 2 is probably the album that turned me on my ear and made me worship J Dilla's production talents. Dude had a way with sounds that I thought (and still think is) out of this world. He hadn't quite perfected his sound on this 2000 release, but it was still light years ahead of anything out at the time. Interesting features from Kurupt, Busta Rhymes, Q-Tip and others makes it all that much sweeter. Baatin (R.I.P.) & T3 held down the lyrics as well. It's mostly a platform for Dilla's beats, if you ask me and the beats here are smooth, laid back and funky. Dig into this one, y'all.

Fantastic Vol. 2 [Barak / Goodvibe Recordings 2000]

1. Intro
2. Conant Gardens
3. I Don't Know feat. DJ Jazzy Jeff
4. Jealousy
5. Climax (Girl Shit)
6. Hold Tight feat. Q-Tip
7. Tell Me feat. D'Angelo
8. What It's All About feat. Busta Rhymes
9. Forth and Back feat. Kurupt
10. Untitled/Fantastic
11. Fall In Love
12. Get Dis Money
13. Raise It Up
14. Once Upon A Time feat. Pete Rock
15. Players
16. Eyes Up
17. 2U4U
18. CB4
19. Go Ladies
20. Thelonius feat. Common [Bonus Track]
21. Fall In Love (The Remix) [Bonus Track]

No comments:

Post a Comment