Monday, June 22, 2009

Mr. Lif


I'd didn't get into Lif until about 5 or 6 years after his debut. I used to avoid Def Jux like the plague because I assumed they went out of their way to be different for the sake of different instead of just making good music. Out of curiousity, I checked out Lif on the internet and I was instantly hooked on this EP. I still spin it 7 years later -- in fact, Lif and El-P are the only Jukies I ever loved right off the bat. Everything else takes some warming up to. Production is dope and Lif's flow is unlike anyone elses. Enjoy this one, people...

Emergency Rations [Def Jux 2002]


1. Intro (Missing Person's File) feat. Akrobatik & Brotha PC
2. Jugular Vein
3. Heavy Artillery
4. Home Of The Brave
5. Pull Out Your Cut
6. Get Wise '91 feat. Edan
7. The Unorthodox
8. Phantom feat. EL-P

No comments:

Post a Comment