Wednesday, July 9, 2008

50 Cent


50 Cent is one of those rappers that, because of his massive popularity, rarely ever gets a fair shake. I won't sit here and pretend like I'm a big fan or anything (because I'm not), but I thought his major label debut was one of his few quality releases. On a scale of one to five, I'd give this album a solid four. The production -- mostly handled by Dr. Dre and Eminem -- is probably the strongest point of the album, but 50 holds his own in light of all the stellar production. Lyrically, this is typical 50 -- I mean, come on, no one will be mistaking him for Canibus or even Royce Da 5' 9" anytime soon -- but, since he wasn't really known outside of NY at the time of this release, it seemed like something different at the time. It seemed as if he had a solid foundation to build on and would indeed get better. Too bad that didn't happen. Anyway, give this album a shot. 50 was probably a sellout from day one, but this album is the least obvious of all his attempts.

Get Rich Or Die Trying [Shady / Aftermath / G Unit / Interscope 2003]


1. Intro
2. What Up Gangsta
3. Patiently Waiting feat. Eminem
4. Many Men [Wish Death]
5. In Da Club
6. High All The Time
7. Heat
8. If I Can't
9. Blood Hound feat. Young Buck
10. Back Down
11. P.I.M.P.
12. Like My Style feat. Tony Yayo
13. Poor Lil Rich
14. 21 Questions feat. Nate Dogg
15. Don't Push Me feat. Lloyd Banks & Eminem
16. Gotta Make It To Heaven
Bonus Tracks:
17. U Not Like Me
18. Life's On The Line

No comments:

Post a Comment