Monday, June 2, 2008

The Fat Boys


Ah yes, one of my very first albums. This came out when hip hop was still very fresh in the mind of this listener. At the time, not a lot of acts were releasing full albums -- though that was beginning to change and pick up momentum with the ever rising popularity of rap music -- so The Fat Boys releasing this album was kind of a big deal. Their 1984 self titled release had heavy influence on the genre and has been cited by greats like The Notorious B.I.G. and Nas and has been heavily sampled by everyone from Erick Sermon to Dru Down. It's only 7 tracks deep, but those 7 tracks were nothing short of guaranteed satisfaction when it came out. Sure, it sounds totally dated now, but, in all honesty, I wouldn't have it any other way. Dig in.

Fat Boys [Sutra Records 1984]

1. Jail House Rap
2. Stick 'Em
3. Can You Feel It
4. Fat Boys
5. The Place To Be
6. Human Beat Box
7. Don't You Dog Me

1 comment:

  1. This used to be my favorite album when I was a kid, I remember jamming the fat boys on my walkman when i was like 5 years old

    ReplyDelete