Friday, January 25, 2008

Pharoahe Monch


Pharoahe Monche's debut is one of those albums that never gets old to me. Since I was sort of disappointed in his latest album, I find myself reaching for this one more often than I reach for Desire. It kills me to see vultures on various sites jack up the price for it because, even though I love it, it's definitely not a $30 album. It's my belief that no singel CD is worth more than that (especially with the age of file sharing upon us). Anyway, Internal Affairs is full of hard hitting beats and Pharoahe Monch's nimble, stuttering flow shines throughout. It dropped on Rawkus (probably my favorite label at the time) back in '99 and has since gone out of print. From what I understand, it went out of print because Rawkus was sued for the uncleared Godzilla samples used on "Simon Says." I don't know how factual that is, but I do know that you won't find a new copy of this sitting on shelves anymore. So, for all those looking for it, here it is. Enjoy.

1. Intro
2. Behind Closed Doors
3. Queens
4. Rape
5. Simon Says
6. Official
7. Hell feat. Canibus
8. No Mercy feat. M.O.P.
9. Right Here
10. The Next Shit feat. Busta Rhymes
11. The Ass introducing Apani
12. The Light
13. God Send - Organized Konfusion
14. The Truth feat. Common & Talib Kweli
15. Simon Says [Remix] feat. Lady Luck, Redman, Method Man, Shabaam Sahdeeq, & Busta Rhymes

No comments:

Post a Comment