Saturday, April 18, 2009

Above The Law


Above The Law is one of those groups that I didn't get too familiar with until after they stopped making records. I knew that they were on Ruthless records and down with Eazy-E, but that was pretty much the extent of it. I copped albums but never gave them spins. It turns out that the beats on a lot o their albums are second to none. I've been spinnin' their shit quite a bit here lately, so I figured I'd throw this on the blog. It's a solid 4 stars and worth checking out. The track listing, as usual, is copied directly from the back of the CD, so those are not typos that you see listed below. Also, track six (Call It What You Want) credits Digital Underground with an appearance, but the more accurate description would be more like Money B & Tupac. Just an FYI.

Black Mafia Life: The Album [Ruthless 1992]

1. Black Triangle
2. Never Missin' A Beat
3. Why Must I Feel Like Dat
4. Commin' Up
5. Pimpology 101
6. Call It What You Want feat. Digital Underground
7. Harda U R Tha Doppa U Faal
8. Game Wreck-Oniz-Iz Game feat. Eazy-E
9. Pimp Clinic
10. V.S.O.P.
11. Process of Elimination (Untouchakickamurdaqtion) feat. MC Ren
12. G's & Macaronies
13. G-Rupies Best Friend
14. Mee Vs. My Ego
15. Outro

No comments:

Post a Comment