Thursday, June 19, 2008

Heavy D & The Boyz




Living Large is the debut LP from the legendary (?) Heavy D & The Boyz. Released in 1987, it had the major hits "Mr. Big Stuff", the classic "The Overweight Lovers In The House", and "Don't You Know." The production, handled by Teddy Riley, Marley Marl, Eddie F., and Andre Harrell is typical 80's fare -- fun, simple, and heavy on the drum beats. I didn't dig "Mr. Big Stuff" when it first came out. I only bought this when I did because it was dirt cheap. IT turned out to be a pretty good listen for me. If you dig 80's rap at all, I recommend giving this one a listen. It may not be required listening, but it definitely won't disappoint either. Enjoy, everyone.

Living Large [Uptown / MCA Records 1987]

1. The Overweight Lovers In The House
2. Nike
3. Chunky But Funky [Remix]
4. Dedicated feat. Al B. Sure!
5. Here We Go
6. On The Dance Floor
7. Money Earnin' Mount Vernon feat. Al B. Sure!
8. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
9. Overweighter
10. I'm Getting Paid
11. Rock The Bass
12. Mr. Big Stuff [Remix]
13. Don't You Know feat. Al B. Sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment