Wednesday, February 20, 2008

De La Soul


Lately, I've been putting up multiple albums for every artists that I post. I figured that might shorten the life of my blog, so after the Fat Boys discog, I think I'm going to hold off on that. Anyway, here's a De La album that I talked up over at Amazon. I think it's the most well rounded album they ever put out. While some of their other releases were over the heads of many and a little off the wall, this joint is probably the most accessible and straightforward of all their releases without sacrificing that De La vibe that we've all come to know and love. Updated, but still the same, is what I'm trying to say, I guess. There are some great verses on the album from guests like Ghostface, Common, and MF Doom. With production from the likes of Supa Dave West, J-Dilla (R.I.P.), Madlib, 9th Wonder, and Jake One, you really can't miss here. Listen. Nod. Enjoy. Oh yeah, um, I threw in the video for Shopping Bags (produced by Madlib) at the bottom.



The Grind Date [AOI/Sanctuary Urban Records 2004]

1. The Future
2. Verbal Clap
3. Much More feat. Yummy
4. Shopping Bags (She Got From You)
5. The Grind Date
6. Church feat. Spike Lee
7. It's Like That feat. Carl Thomas
8. He Comes feat. Ghostface
9. Days Of Our Lives feat. Common
10. Come On Down feat. Flava Flav
11. No feat. Butta Verses
12. Rock Co.Kane Flow feat. MF Doom


No comments:

Post a Comment