Monday, January 7, 2008

Twinz - Conversation {1995, G Funk Music / RAL}


The Twinz are one of those groups that didn't make much of a splash when they really should've. They had everything working in their favor. Major label backing? Check. Platinum selling super producer? Check. Incredibly catchy/irresistible lead single? Check. I mean, they were dealt some great cards to play but, for reasons that go way over my head, they were largely ignored. At any rate, Conversation is a vintage piece of g funk era hip hop that has aged quite nicely over the years. Tripp and Wayniac aren't the most astounding rappers you'll ever hear, but they are what I consider the perfect match for Warren G's production. Don't quote me on this, but I don't think the ever made a second album. It's a shame, really, because these two put together what I like to call a classic album. An excellent chunk of Cali funk if ever I heard one.



Conversation

1. Conversation #1
2. Round & Round
3. Good Times
4. 4 Eyes 2 Heads
5. Jump Ta This
6. Eastside LB
7. Sorry I Kept You
8. Conversation #2
9. Journey Wit Me
10. Hollywood
11. 1st Round Draft Pick
12. Conversation #3
13. Don't Get It Twisted feat. New Birth
14. Pass It On

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine why this album didn't gain more momentum. It really is a good piece of G-funk.

    ReplyDelete