Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Duice


I have a soft spot for "booty" music. Especially the old shit. It's like the goofy kid brother in relation to what some would call "real" hip hop. It's great for dancing to and the artists in the genre don't take themselves as seriously. I figured I'd throw this Duice album up just for shits and giggles. I mean, it's their only album and the (double platinum?!) dance classic "Dazzey Duks" is on here. I mean, it's not even the best booty music out there, but it's fun -- that's if you can get past Creo-D's annoying voice. I don't really need to get into what the production like. If you dig Luke records, you'll dig this since this is like some C grade Luke music. Do they even make booty music anymore? I remember when the genre was strong back in the 90's. Anyway, finding album art for this joint was a pain in the ass, so I had to snap a pic of it myself. Sorry if it looks crappy. I may just start taking pictures of the albums I put up anyway since finding art is a pain in the ass. We'll see. Oh, and the track listing was screwed up, so I corrected it. Enjoy some of this here '92 booty music. Here's a video to refresh the memory if you're at all curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzAkvJVbP-k



Dazzey Duks {1992 Bellmark / Tony Mercedes Records}


1. Dazzey Duks
2.
Feel What I Feel
3. The Pawee
4. Bring The Bass
5. Duice Is In The House
6. Booty Call
7. Dazzey Duks [Remix]
8. Shitty-Shitty
9. Pass The Mic

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking at this picture, and those shorts look so uncomfortable like a yeast infection waiting to happen. However, I like some booty music too basically because I like to dance. Throw on that doing-the-butt song and I will start dancing from beginning to end. Hell, if I hear "Pass the Toilet Paper" at a Chicago party, I'll juke to that too!

    ReplyDelete